Muscular Dystrophy UK
Muscular Dystrophy UK is the leading UK charity focusing on muscular dystrophy and other related conditions. We are dedicated to beating these by finding treatments and cures and to improving the lives of everyone affected by them.
Muscle disease is life-limiting and there is currently no cure for the 70,000 babies, children and adults affected. Our work has five main focuses:
- we fund world-class research to find effective treatments and cures
- we provide practical information, advice and emotional support for individuals with muscular dystrophy and other related conditions, their carers and families
- we campaign to bring about change and raise awareness of muscular dystrophy and other related conditions
- we award grants towards the cost of specialist equipment, such as powered wheelchairs
- we provide specialist education and development for health professionals.