As UK Charities are pulling together to support the most vulnerable in our communities and help aid the fight against COVID-19, we're uniting the now millions of remote workers across the country to assist the charitable sector through this uncertain time.
Through the campaign we're empowering people to set up donations online. Anyone can use our generic Payroll Giving joining form to set up their gift.
We also provide bespoke platforms for all companies we work with - please get in touch for more information and to join our drive.
Here's some examples of how causes are helping:
- Age UK is offering emotional and practical help for the elderly to self-isolate
- Alzheimer's Society have launched volunteer hosted ‘Companion Calls’, designed to combat loneliness and social isolation for people living with dementia. Approximately 700,000 people in the UK living with dementia are facing self-isolation.
- British Red Cross is assisting across the globe from temperature checking at airports to supplying emergency equipment. In the UK there's the Be K.I.N.D campaign, aimed at bringing the communities together and helping each other out.
- Cancer Research UK funded scientist are playing a vital role in the national COVID-19 testing effort. Laboratory facilities have been repurposed as a testing centres and equipment has been donated to boost Government resources.
- Crisis UK are delivering 'essentials' packages to homeless people and providing ways to keep in contact and follow health advice. They are funding local services and shelters so that more people who are in most need can be reached.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) are providing urgently needed medical care and support in more than 40 countries to counter the new coronavirus disease. They are deploying medics, sending supplies and applying nearly 50 years of experience fighting epidemics to protect the most vulnerable and save lives.
- Mind is looking after the wellbeing of the nation whilst they stay at home. Mind have created tips on things to lower anxiety and worry, and ways to keep your mind stimulated.
- Royal Voluntary Service are the charity delivering the NHS Volunteer Responders effort. The charity is completing checks for the three quarters of a million applications and will help co-ordinate volunteer support for the most vulnerable in our communities.
- St John Ambulance is standing by to boost the health response in communities across the country during the outbreak, with an appeal for donations to purchase urgently needed equipment.
Hands On Payroll Giving, formerly Hands On Helping, are a Professional Fundraising Organisation (PFO) specialising in Payroll Giving. We help employers build successful, sustainable Payroll Giving schemes to benefit charities large and small. Our free services included:
- Dedicated Account Management
- Bespoke online pages to meet your needs
- Workplace promotions; roadshows, group presentations, benefits fairs,
- Secure data transfer (100% GDPR compliant)
- Specially designed marketing materials
- Real-time reporting built to your requirement
In 2018, we helped over 10,000 people pledge to donate £2.3 million to 1,074 different causes.
We are funded by 115 of the UK's top charities to promote Payroll Giving on their behalf. Only if an employee chooses to give to one of our charity partners are we paid a fee by the charity. This fee is released from separate fundraising budgets, and not as a direct percentage of the donation. This allows charities to raise funds in a risk-free way.
We're a family-run team head up by mother and daughter Wendy and Penny. Established by Wendy in 1994, we've seen huge changes in the sector but our adaptability means we're still market leaders. Our ethos remains to help people support causes they love; we facilitate regular and one-off donations to any charitable organisation.
We are founding members of our sector's self-regulatory body, the Association of Payroll Giving Organisations (APGO), and of the social enterprise 'Geared for Giving' which calls for every employer with over 250 staff to offer Payroll Giving.
Our service to corporate partners is to facilitate donations to all charities; all donations are processed in the same way with all funds going directly to the causes employees select. There's no fee to employers for our services and no donations come to us. See our Case Studies here.
'GIVING LIFTS YOU UP' CAMPAIGN FOR GIVING TUESDAY
Giving Tuesday is an international day of giving at the beginning of the festive season. We celebrate with our 'Giving Lifts You Up' campaign. Last year, all new donations pledges were topped-up with a £10 gift throughout the week of 26th - 30th November. We donated more than £5,000 to charitable causes as part of the campaign.
If you want to get involved, please Contact Us; we can provide you with free web pages, graphics, template emails and posters to promote the campaign.
Please see some testimonials below from some of our charity partners, see our Case Studies section for corporate client feedback.
"Hands on Payroll Giving are an invaluable part of our payroll giving fundraising here at Cancer Research UK. Having worked together for over fifteen years, we have been impressed with the professionalism and flexibility which Hands on Payroll Giving display in the service they carry out for charities. The high quality of their work is evidence of their unswerving commitment to the fantastic causes they represent, and has brought in over £400k of donations to Cancer Research UK in the last financial year alone."
"Hands on Payroll Giving has worked with Save the Children for over twenty years to introduce new supporters for us. Payroll giving is an important regular income to us allowing us to plan ahead and organisations such as Hands on Payroll Giving are vital in reaching to people in many, many workplaces that we would not be able to reach directly."
"Payroll Giving provides a regular and predictable source of income helping Barnardo's to plan and work with some of the most vulnerable children in the UK. Hands On Payroll Giving have met all Barnardo's expectations and specific guidelines which reflect our own fundraising values. Hands On have successfully recruited donors for Barnardo's for many years with their friendly and professional approach, ensuring all donors understand the process of donating via their pay and data protection rights, providing a positive experience for the donor."
"Hands on Payroll Giving's performance was exceptional this year - they recruited twice the number of donors we expected"
"Actionaid has been working with Hands On for over 10 years promoting payroll giving in the workplace, through their work we are receiving regular donations from the PG scheme, which enables us to plan and budget. It also has increases our charity profile within many different companies letting people know about the valuable work we do overseas."
"Macmillan Cancer Support improves the lives of people affected by cancer. We provide practical, medical, emotional and financial support and push for better cancer care. Hands On provide an excellent service by communicating our cause to potential donors. The work they do by recruiting payroll giving donors to our cause will help us achieve our ambition of reaching everyone affected by cancer. Cancer affects us all. We can all help."